Our main objective is to provide quality health and fitness facilities for its members in a relaxing and friendly environment. The following rules are amended from time to time.
Members, guests and their children shall not use any club facilities whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst suffering from any physical ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infections where there is a risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of the other members. Members, guests and their children must not use the wet areas for a minimum of 14 days after recovering from a gastric infection and/or diarrhoea.
Athelis reserves the right to cancel any membership at our discretion. For our full membership terms and conditions please click here.
Kids memberships & conditions
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the second floor thermal suite.
- Children must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian when in the swimming pool, changing rooms and surrounding area.
- Parent or guardian must ensure every child 4 years and under is accompanied by one adult when using the pool facilities.
- Parent or guardian must ensure all children over 4 years are accompanied by an adult at a ratio of no more than 3 children to one adult when using the pool facilities.
- Children & parent or guardian must avoid using the pool when aqua classes are in progress (please check your club timetable).
- Children over the age of 12 are permitted to attend the gym but must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian.
- Children over the age of 12 are permitted to attend the classes when supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Overuse and/or overstrain whilst using the gym equipment and during exercise must be monitored by the supervising parent or guardian.
- Children aged 8 yrs and above are not permitted to use the opposite gender changing facilities.
- Children are allowed to use the facilities between the times of 9.00AM & 6.00PM.
- Children between the ages of 14-15 on the Young adult package are permitted to use the clubs facilities at all times, including adults classes, when accompanied by an adult. All the above still applies.
- Members can book classes up to 6 days in advance from 6am in the morning.
- Members must only book classes they will be attending.
- If you cannot make a class we ask that you cancel it at least 24 hours in advance.
- Members must register their names with the class instructor at the start of the class to prove they have attended.
- Members who fail to cancel a class after a 3 strike rule, within any 30 day period, will be banned from booking classes for 7 days.
- Members and their guests should be suitably dressed whilst using the club facilities. In particular clean training shoes must be worn at all times in the gymnasium.
- Members and their Guests should use the equipment and facilities in accordance with the advice given by club staff and/or by notices suitably posted. Members and guests shall not abuse the equipment or facilities within the club. Any member or guest who wilfully or negligently causes such damage shall cover the costs for any damages they have caused.
- No member or guest may bring intoxicating liquor or food into the club nor use the club facilities whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the club or the outside perimeter, this includes the use of electronic cigarettes.
- In the interest of health and hygiene all members and guests must shower before entering the pool area and in the interest of safety, running, jumping and diving are not permitted in the pool area.
- All members and guests must clean and wipe down gym equipment after use as a courtesy to the next user.
- Members must replace all weights and equipment after use to correct areas.
- If you suffer from any medical complaints, please consult a GP prior to participating in any activity.
- All members and guests of members must consult the instructor before participating in a class for the first time.
- If at any stage you feel unwell, stop exercising and contact a member of staff immediately.
- Glass bottles and drinking glasses are not permitted in the gym, studios or pool area.
- Mobile phones are not permitted in the gym, studios or pool area.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in the gym, studios or pool area.
- Members agree to the FIA health commitment statement.
- Please be courteous to fellow members during busy times i.e. please do not ‘hog’ the equipment.
- Members will not be permitted to join a class once the warm up has commenced.
- Please ask at reception for details on how to reserve studio classes within your club.
- The management and its employees will not be liable in any way for the loss, or damages to, the property of members or guests, or for personal injury to, or death of any member or guest, except to the extent that such loss, damage, personal injury or death arises from the initial act, neglect or default of the management or any of its employees or agents.
- The member warrants and represents that they are in good physical condition and that they know of no medical or other reason why they are not capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise will not be detrimental to their health, safety, comfort or physical condition. In the event that you or your guest has any reservations in relation to physical condition you are required to seek independent medical advice prior to embarking upon any exercise. You & your guest must notify reception of any medical condition which may affect your ability to use the facilities. All members and guests agree to the FIA health commitment statement when commencing any activities as a condition of membership. Induction training will be available to all members, attendance to induction training is the responsibility of all members and their guests. Any person using the facilities without attending induction training does so entirely at their own risk.
- Athelis reserves the right to restrict or refuse access to certain facilities at its absolute discretion on the grounds of health and safety. In the event you or your guest suffer any accident or injury at the club you must immediately notify a member of staff.
- Members and their guests using the swimming pool/spa areas, do so at their own risk and the management do not accept responsibility for any harm or injury to any member or guest, unless caused by negligence of the management, employees or agents of the company. Please note there is no lifeguard on duty and the pool depth is 1.2m. No running, jumping or diving in the pool/spa area is allowed.
- Cars parked in the club car park or elsewhere on the premises of the club and all contents are left at the owner’s risk and the club will accept no liability for loss or damage in respect thereof, unless caused by negligence of the management, employees or agents of the company.
- The club accept no liability for personal belongings left on the premises or in lockers. Members & guests are strongly advised not to carry or leave valuables in lockers. In circumstances when it is necessary to carry valuables, please contact the Duty Manager. Members are required to bring a padlock with them each visit, as we do not loan padlocks. Lockers are provided on a daily basis only and items left overnight will be removed from the lockers and any contents will be disposed of for security reasons. This policy is adopted for member’s safety and security and is of prime importance in the club operation.
- All members and guests must make their own arrangements in respect of insurance to cover injuries suffered by them or caused by them to any third party, as the proprietors accept no liability for any accident, injury or misadventure.
The hours for bank holidays are normally 9am – 5pm, however, various bank holidays may differ, please see the manager for details. The management reserves the right to vary the opening and closing hours over the Christmas period or at any other time upon reasonable notice.
The management reserves the right to charge for special classes and services. Studio classes must be booked on-line to guarantee your place, which can be done up to 6 days in advance. Please ask at reception for details. Please note classes that are payable need to be paid for before booking can be accepted and that a ‘no show’ for a class will result in a charge unless the club has been notified prior to the class. Members arriving after the warm up will be excluded from participating for safety reasons; however, they will not be charged for the class. Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Please note that the studio timetable is subject to change at any time, classes may be changed or removed from the timetable at the discretion of the Management.
Athelis reserves the right to close any facilities for maintenance, renovation, cleaning and emergencies without prior notice.
Lockers are provided at the club for your convenience. Storage of any items by you or your guests is at your own risk. Athelis does not accept liability for loss or damage to members or guests property.
Health & safety
- All guests must pay the appropriate guest entry fee and will be subject to all club rules.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any guest at its absolute discretion.
- Members are responsible for their guests’ actions and should accompany them at all times.
- The guest warrants and represents that they are in good physical condition and that they know of no medical or other reason why they are not capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise will not be detrimental to their health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
- Guests must read and observe all club rules and safety guidelines prior to using the facilities.
- Child guests may only use the club during specific times.
Pool, Spa, Sauna and Steam Rooms – A user guide
Please note there is no lifeguard on duty, if possible, use these facilities with a friend to minimise any risks. Use emergency alarms if necessary, to call for help.
You should seek medical advice before using these facilities if you:
* Are pregnant, * Have ever been diagnosed with a heart condition or experienced chest pains when exerting yourself, * Have high or low blood pressure or other circulatory problems, * Have recently had major surgery, * Are taking medication which makes you unsure as to the advisability of using these facilities,
* Should you have diabetes or asthma we advise you keep your medication close to hand and use the facilities with a partner who will know your requirements, * Should you have epilepsy we advise you to use the facilities with a partner.
* Drowning, * Slipping injuries caused by wet flooring, * Getting in and out of the spa, * Adverse reaction caused by excess heat or overuse including giddiness and fainting, * Scalding from direct contact with steam from steam pipe, or the steam outlet and scalding from the sauna oven / coals, * Circulatory shock due to sudden extreme changes in temperature induced by use of cold showers.
How to use the facilities safely:
* VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE SHOWER BEFORE USING * No running, jumping or diving in the pool/spa area is allowed. Pool depth is 1.2m * Ensure you drink plenty fluids to replace those lost, * If at any time you feel unwell leave the facilities immediately and consult with staff or seek medical advice if necessary, * Do not use the facilities if you have recently had a heavy meal or consumed alcohol, * Please use handrails to enter/exit pool and wellness pool, and watch your step as you step down into the wellness pool, enter/exit the wellness pool with care as water may be turbulent – if possible sit down first on the side of the wellness pool. * Remove any jewellery before using steam rooms / sauna as it can become very hot, * Do not add oils or essences * Prolonged stays in the wellness pool/steam rooms/sauna are not recommended as raising the core body temperature too high can be dangerous, * No shaving is allowed for hygiene purposes, * Please don’t touch, stand or sit near the steam outlet as it is very hot, * Please don’t touch the sauna oven coals as these are very hot, * Use emergency alarms if necessary to call for help. * Do not use the facilities if suffering from any infections or contagious illness, physical ailment or minor infections where there is a risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of the other members. Do not use the wet areas for a minimum of 14 days after recovering from a gastric infection and/or diarrhoea
Please note Athelis is not liable should costumes fade in colour due to chlorine, we advise you rinse costumes after use. Please don’t wear jewellery as it could be affected by chlorine.